Wednesday, November 16, 2011

NEW BEGINNINGS………..

After eight years volunteering with the central IET YP body, it is high time for me to take a step back and let the next generation of YPs rule the roost and chart the course for all things YP.

Throughout those years, I'm pleased to report that there has been an enormous positive shift in the level of respect for YPs and their opinions within IET governance, particularly on the back of successful YP lead initiatives such as PATW. While the YP voice is more distributed than it has been in the recent past, overall YPs are now exerting a far stronger influence on the direction of the IET. I remain convinced that if the YPs that comprise the YPF worked even closer together, through David and the YPCT, the YPs would be a completely undeniable force within the IET and the IET would be infinitely better for it. That is the challenge I leave with you and I sincerely hope you collectively take it up.

As rewarding as my involvement has been at a professional level, I have also met hundreds of enthusiastic YPs around the globe. Many of those meetings have blossomed into good friendships that I expect will last a lifetime. Thanks to all of you for such a fantastic journey.

Best wishes,

Sam McLaughlin, YPF member

No comments:

Post a Comment